New English Tests Are Better, but Harder 英语测试越来越完善,但是越来越难 Scores on English tests are very important to students around the world. In order to make sure that they do their best, both students and teachers should stay inf

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(406) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Daily Life - Hotel Upgrade A: Good afternoon. What can I do for you? B: Id like to check in please. I have a reservation under the name Anthony Roberts. A: All right R.O.B.E.R.T.S... Oh, Mr. Roberts wevebeen expecting you and here is your keycard to

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

1. What is the name of the actress? A. Sarah Reynolds B. Sarah Rogers C. Sarah Roberts 2. Where is she from? A. She is from Miami. B. She was born in New York. C. She comes from Los Angeles. 3. Where did she work part-time while she was going to scho

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

In the battle against those senior moments, the Americans have turned everything from crosswords to Sudoku, but there is a new report out that finds that it could boil down that old injunction. Maybe it's really better to wear-out than rest-out. Debe

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2010年

Requesting a phone number A: Could you call Mr. Jacob for me, Sara? I need to go over some stuff with him. B: Of course, Mr. Roberts. But, could you tell me his extension number again? I havent got all the numbers down yet. A: Sure, its 4-8-7-2. Dont

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

Idiom: Long face ( look serious ) Hit the book: So is it good or bad to eat the same stuff every day? If you're thinking a bagel for breakfast, sandwich for lunch, and meat with potatoes and a salad for dinner, you're surely going to be deficient in

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

IN THE NEWS - Nomination of Chief Justice Heads to Committee Vote By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Saturday, September 17, 2005 I'm Doug Johnson with IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. This week in Washi

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

By Paula Wolfson President Bush says he will consider all kinds of ideas to reform the nation's intelligence community, including the sweeping plan put forward by a key senator. Senate Intelligence Co

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--新闻盘点

IN THE NEWS - Senate Prepares to Consider Supreme Court Nomination By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Saturday, July 23, 2005 I'm Steve Ember with IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. President Bush this we

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - Julia Ward Howe, 1819-1910: Anti-Slavery Activist Wrote 'Battle Hymn of the Republic' RAY FREEMAN: I'm Ray Freeman. SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: And I'm Shirley Griffith with the Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Every week we tell

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Education Report - Saving a School, and Its History 教育报道 - 哈林顿学校承载的历史 This is the VOA Special English Education Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语教育报道。 The Harrington School is an old one-room schoolhouse

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十)月

AS IT IS 2016-07-21 Famous Comedy Writer, Producer Garry Marshall Dies 美国传奇导演加里马歇尔逝世 终年81岁 This is Whats Trending Today. Garry Marshall was a comedy writer, producer and director. He was famous for creating television

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Low-Cost Incubator May Save More Babies 低成本保育箱将拯救更多婴儿 Premature birth is the biggest killer of children worldwide. About one million babies around the world die of problems that strike because they are born too early. Many o

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Texas Rodeo Seeks to Minimize Injuries in Dangerous Sport At the annual Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, the biggest event of its kind in the world, safety is a chief concern. During the three-week rodeo, both riders and animals can count on expert

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: At the age of 80, the artist David Hockney has put on a show in Los Angeles called 82 Portraits And 1 Still-life, which got NPR's Susan Stamberg thinking about the people who posed for him. SUSAN STAMBERG, BYLINE: The youngest is

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

John Roberts: Please raise your right hand and repeat after me. (美国最高法院首席大法官)John Roberts:请举起你的右手,随我一起宣誓。 I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office o

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统演讲视频

Daily Life - Hotel Upgrade A: Good afternoon. What can I do for you? B: Id like to check in please. I have a reservation under the name Anthony Roberts. A: All right R.O.B.E.R.T.S... Oh, Mr. Roberts wevebeen expecting you and here is your keycard to

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语播客-EnglishPod

LESSON 24 第24课 opinion 看法 piano 钢琴 coarse 粗 bathe 洗澡 sweep 扫描 BEAUTIFUL HANDS 美丽的手 O Miss Roberts! what coarse-looking hands Mary Jessuphas! said Daisy Marvin, as she walked home from school with her teacher. 黛茜.马文

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第三册

讨厌的科技产品使用习惯 Walking down the street while staring down at your phone 走在街上眼睛却盯着手机 If you live in a densely populated city like New York, you know how hard it can be to simply walk to the corner store without

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

Voice 1 Hello. Im Marina Santee. Voice 2 And Im Liz Waid. Welcome to Spotlight. This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 It was October 2006.

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight